Please visit A Reader's Nook

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Phantom of The Opera

By Gaston Leroux

Most people have heard of The Phantom of the Opera, but that is because of Andrew Lloyd Weber's Enchanting musical.
Not many know about this book. Or that the there once was a Phantom of the opera.
This book was written by a french author who heard about the Phantom and thought to make a book of it.

The books mainly follows Raoul, the young Vicomte de Chagny, who was Christine's childhood sweetheart. He is still madly in love with Christine, but something has changed since he last knew her.

Christine is somewhat of a hostage to the Phantom. She wants so badly to please her angel of music that she has trapped herself in a tangled up mess of fiction and truth.

I enjoyed this book, I thought it was well writtenv(it was a translation though, I can't read complete french yet) But I enjoyed. I will probably have to read it again to truly understand everything that goes on. But I know enough to know I like it.

Review by Sweetie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment