Please visit A Reader's Nook

Friday, December 28, 2012

My Father's Daughter

By E.L. Konigsburg

E. L. Konigsburg is an author I have been reading for some years. My mother read one of her most famous books to me "From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler". And so far that has been the best, but I am impressed by her other books.

My Father's Daughter was a very intriguing story. It follows a young boy by the name of Winston. Winston lives in a rich family and he has pretty much anything he wants, but he feels trapped. He has overprotective parents, and a sister who is not normal. Something isn't right with her.

Then when a lady shows up at his door claiming to be Caroline, his father's daughter from another marriage, Winston's whole world is thrown upside down. This Caroline knows everything that the Other Caroline should. She has a back story and everything. But is she really Caroline.

 Winston' sister Heidi is not doing so well but when Caroline starts helping her, it leads Winston to think she might not be his stepsister after all.

This book was an interesting read. I did enjoy it, but at times it was a little confusing to what was going on. But I would suggest this book to people who enjoy E. L. Konigsburg books, but for someone who has never read one of her books start with "From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" and then come to this book or "The View From Saturday".

Review By Sweetie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment