Please visit A Reader's Nook

Friday, December 28, 2012

Chosen

By Ted Dekker

Ted Dekker is a rather well-known Christian thrill author and this was my second book by him that I had read. The first one that I had read was Immanuel's Veins (read that review here, and I didn't really like that story.
Chosen is the first of the Lost series, which is part of the Circle collection. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the rest of the series.
The story follows the adventures of Johnis, who is the chosen one - one who will lead the Forest Guard and forest dwellers in victory against the Horde, the Scabs who are controlled by the evil Teelah.
I really enjoyed how Dekker has set up his world and how his characters developed. A mystery unfolds as we learn that Johnis's success lies not in battle, but in gathering six lost books of history, which hold the power to change the world. He must convince his three other friends (who at first, don't like him at all nor wish to be his friends), Silvie, Billos, and Darsal, to help him go toward evil's fortress and rescue one of the lost books.

Overall, I heartily recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy, mystery, and adventure. My only warning is that it can get dark, but the power of good over evil shines through.

Review by Beckyelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment