Please visit A Reader's Nook

Friday, December 28, 2012

Brave New World

By Aldous Huxley

Well where do I start. Beckyelsie wrote  a review for this a while back and you can view it here.
I agree with her review. This book was disturbing and wrong. People were not conceived in the normal way, people are raised in hatcheries. Each person is assigned a rank; Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta,and Epsilon. Alpha is the highest and are able to live as you and I do. Beta are also able to live as you and I do. But the rest are inferior. They have no rights and are pretty much the servants. And the head of the hatcheries decides were the "eggs" go, whether or not the will be Alpha or Beta and so on.
That right there sounds very wrong to me. Everyone was created equal, so hatching the "eggs" into different ranks is wrong.

Then another thing that bugged me was the thought that "everyone belongs to everyone". Now that means there is no marriage. There is no love. There is no pregnancy. And women and men sleep with many different people. There is no sanity. These people are on a drug called soma, the use it whenever the feel grim. It is disheartening.

I would not suggest this book to anyone. I did not enjoy it. I did dislike it though. You don't need to know anything about the plot(which is a little confusing) just know its disturbing, and you should avoided this book.

Review by Sweetie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment