Please visit A Reader's Nook

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Outdoor Girls of Deepdale

By Laura Lee Hope

I sometimes don't understand why I love a book so much. Sure I know why I love Jane Eyre but why I should I love a book like this one or even Through the Postern Gate. But I am pretty obsessed over this series although I did not like this book a whole lot. This book is not as good as the later books in the series so I would totally encourage you to read books seven through twelve in the series.
  This story revolves around four girls who start a hiking club and decide to go on a long camping trip alone. This is in 1913 so that is pretty radical. There is Betty who is probably an early version on Nancy Drew but I find more emotionally realistic. Mollie is obviously like George although she is less of a tomboy and Grace is like Bess except that she is thin not plump. Amy is really just a saint of a girl but I still like her.
  There are of course boys but I won't bring them up because they don't appear much in this book. I know that this is a short review but trust me when I get to my favorites I will have plenty to say.
Reviewed by Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment