Please visit A Reader's Nook

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Quest for Love

"Quest for Love"
By: Elisabeth Elliot
A Review By: Christie S.

This book is so fabulous that when I finished it this morning I immediately picked it up and began again! :) This book is so convicting and challenging. I would recommend it for any mature 16 year old and up. Right now this book is so full of underlinings, markings, and notes it's ridiculous! And I NEVER damage my books like that. EVER! But I just HAD to make an exception for this one.
The basis for this book is addressing matters of the heart God's way. Quest for Love isn't just another self help book. It is a wonderful read that convicts you in meaningful ways to think about God's will for not only your love life but the way you live your daily life in general.
It talks about subjects such as: waiting on God's timing, trusting in the Lord that He will supply your needs, not doubting God's ways, waiting for "Mr. (or miss) Right", staying pure, and many many other hard topics.
In this day and age it can be difficult at times to find a book out there that will encourage you, lift your spirit up, and point you back to the Lord. Quest for Love does all three and much much more. This book just really spoke to me in numerous ways. It hit me right where I'm at right now in my life.
If you do read this wonderful book keep your mind and heart open to what the Lord may teach you.
Love~Love~Love,
Christie S.

No comments:

Post a Comment