Please visit A Reader's Nook

Monday, December 31, 2012

Mockingjay

By Suzanne Collins

This book is the final installment in the critical acclaimed series "The Hunger Games". You can see the reviews for the previous books here: The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.

It was extremely bitter sweet to read this book. I didn't want to leave Panem but then I had to know what happened.

It is hard to write a review about this book because I don't want to spoil anything from this book and the other books. But I will do my best. But please caution yourself there will be some spoilers.

Katniss has made out of the Quarter Quell. But only barely. Peeta has been taken by the capitol, and along with him Johanna Mason.
District 12 was destroyed. The survivors, that included Katniss's mother, sister and friend Gale, have taken refuge in District 13, which was not destroyed at all. It was just made to look like it did.
The leader of District 13 is President Coin, and she is the leader of the Rebellion, even though Katniss is the Mockingjay, Coin operates behind her. Coin will ultimately take over Panem when they destroy President Snow.

This book was amazing. I could not stop reading it. It was the most violent of all the books. Somethings happen to many beloved characters that is devastating. I found myself asking why in the world did that have to happen. But I knew it was good, well good for the story not really good for the characters. My favorite character changes in a brutal way its disturbing. But the one thing I have been waiting for finally happened at the very end of the book. I was so happy.
A lot of people did not like the ending, but I did. A lot of people liked a character I did not really like(not that I hated him either) so they did not like the ending.

I loved this series and I very sad it came to an end. But I look forward to see the movie when it comes.

Review by Sweetie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment